Welcome to the 2016 West County CYC Referee Information Page!
2016 Complete Updates Coming Soon!!!!!
Some dates and forms are current for 2016
Please see below for dates and times.
The 2016 St. Alban Roe Soccer Referee Director
Paul McGeehan (c 314-378-9412) email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in officiating St. Alban soccer this fall, and for your continued support of soccer in West St. Louis County. Your participation enables 22 faith based organizatons in our West County CYC District to enjoy everything this sport has to offer.....that equates to about 300 teams, 500 coaches/assistants, and nearly 3,000 players.
2016 CYC Rule Book (coming soon)
Who can be a SAR referee for the 2016 season?
- Anyone going into 7th grade or older this fall is eligible to referee for the St. Alban Training League.
What do I have to do?
New referee candidates have to attend training class (see below).
New candidates & returning referees have to attend the "Updates, Review & Test" class every year and pass the written test (see below).
New candidates and returning referees must complete one of the following registration forms each year and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or USPS mail per the instructions on the form
- 2016 Referee Registration Form (Word) (SAR Referees Only)
- 2016 Referee Registration Form (PDF) (SAR Referees Only)
- Effective 2013, all CYC referees must be compliant with the Archdiocese.
All adults (18 and over):
- Must have attended a Protecting God's Children Workshop (Parish has records of attendees, if not sure you attended previously)
- Completed a Code of Ethical Conduct form (PDF)
- Completed a Worker Screening Form (Word) (PDF)
- Completed a Worker Registration Form (Word) (PDF)
Students (18 and under) still attending High School:
- Code of Ethical Conduct for Youth (Word) (PDF)
2016 SAR Referee Contact List (coming soon)
2016 Contact List (PDF)
2016 Contact List (Excel)
2016 SAR Referee Schedule
When/Where is the 2016 West County CYC referee training?
Note: You may attend any of the sessions listed; the sessions all cover the same material.
A new referee must attend all the classes for any of the listed sessions and then pass the written test held at the end of the session. If you have conflicts with the dates, you may split-up the dates but still must complete an entire training session and pass the exam to qualify to officiate.
- JULY SESSION - St. Alban Roe, in church basement, 2001 Shepard Rd (off Hwy 109)
Thursday, July 21 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday, July 22 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, July 23 8:00am - 1:00ish Returning refs must be in attendance by
10:00 for mandatory CYC review and test.
- EARLY AUGUST SESSION - Holy Infant Parish, main cafeteria, 627 Dennison Drive
Friday, August 5 5:45pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, August 6 8:30am - 11:45am
11:45am - 12:30pm (Lunch)
12:30pm - 3:30pm (Returning refs must be in attendance by
12:30pm for mandatory CYC review and testing)
- MID AUGUST SESSION - St. Joseph's Church, Th & Fr Church Basement, Sat School Cafeteria. 567 St. Joseph Lane
Thursday, August 11 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday, August 12 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, August 13 8:00am - 1:00ish Returning refs must be in attendance by 10:00 for mandatory CYC review and test.
- Course attendance and testing
If you are a new referee candidate, you must attend one of the entire sessions and pass the referee test.
Returning Trophy League referees who have previously attended the class and passed the referee test, need to attend only the review & test session and receive a passing grade on the test in order to referee in the upcoming Trophy League. You may take the entire training session again, if so desired.
- If you plan to be a referee this year, you must fill-out and turn-in a Registration Form (see the "What Do I Have To Do?" section above).
- The 2016 St. Alban Roe Soccer Referee Director
- Paul McGeehan (c 314-378-9412) email@example.com
- Referee Responsibilities (prior to the game)
Keep Referee Coordinators up-to-date with your Unavailability Info (dates & time ranges). Email all updates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always begin with your name (e.g. Hanna Smith is unavailble on Sat Sept 14th from 11:00am till 1:30 pm).
Regularly go to this Referee's webpage and check for latest schedule releases (Week #1, Week #2, etc.) and find your assignments. Schedules will usually be posted by the Tuesday before, but may be posted as late as the Wednesday before.
Check the website for assignments, even on weekends when your unavailable, to make sure you did not get scheduled accidentally.
- Referee Responsibilities (Game Day)
Arrive for your assignments 30 minutes prior to scheduled start
Arrive looking professional wearing all your referee uniform (black jersey w/white pinstripes, black shorts, black socks). Avoid wearing sneakers or tennis shoes. Wear layers during cold weather. Wear your referee jersey on the outside. Okay to wear black or dark sweatpants when cold.
Bring pen, pencil, CYC Rulebook, paper, whistles, red/yellow cards, watch, and coin
Be polite & respectful, but do not tolerate any abuse.
You are in charge...before, during, and after the game.
When refereeing with a partner, alway use the diagonal system and do NOT go deep into your partner's end of the field.
- Referee Responsibilities (conflicts after schedule has been posted)
Contact a Referee Director immediately to let them know of the conflict. You can do this by email up till Thursday at noon. Any notifications after 12:00pm noon Thursday must be a telephone call to one of the Referee Directors.
If this conflict was due to a mistake made by the Scheduler, the Referee Coordinators will take care of getting a replacement.
2015 Referee Payscale:
- K thru 1st..........$15 per referee
- 2nd ..................$18 per referee
- 3rd and 4th.......$20 per referee
- 5th thru 6th.......$26 per referee
- 7th thru 12th.....$30 per referee